Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter Everyone!

It was a great, relaxing weekend here on the Palouse! After an action-packed two weeks since Spring Break, I finally had time for a whole weekend at home doing what I always wish I could get done. Being the sad-grad that I am, the things were actually just random errands, some apartment chores, going to the gym, finishing all my grading for the week EARLY, a little cooking/baking, reading (a non-science book), general hanging out, and of course updating the blog =). Since my big announcement of last blog that I'll be staying in Pullman until December, though, I'm hoping more weekends will fit my non-research activities. Especially hitting that gym, since Bryan and I decided to enter a tandem biathlon in late May. That's right, I'm gonna run - competitively!!

As for tonight, although the weekend was wonderfully calm, it's still back to the mid-week action for me, so just a quick entry to share some cute pictures from the holiday. I hope everyone else had a fun day and lots of chocolate/rabbits/eggs/peeps/etc. wherever you were!

The cute-but-creepy Easter surprise I made for my bug-scientist boyfriend =) I was pretty proud when I found foil-covered chocolate bugs and candy rocks, and this is probably the most crafty thing I'll ever think up for him


He just couldn't resist! Or is he trying to be cute for the camera?


The funniest thing all day? After ~1 hour in my kitchen putting together his perfect, layered pudding/wafer/banana desert, topped ever-so-elegantly with graham cracker bunnies, he just happened to drop the bowl's lid right into the middle about immediately after this photo...


Once we made it to our rabbit-themed gathering of grad student friends, how to entertain a roomful of ecologists? How about a weirdly serious animated film about warring bunny tribes (a.k.a. Watership Down)? I recommend it if you're ever in the mood for the most unlikely combination of cartoons and the reality of death.


In the end, a pretty adorable Easter "family" of some very good friends =)


Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment